Monday, June 19, 2006

yellow




here's my first in what will hopefully be a week of color fun. andrea has once again inspired me, so i am jumping in on her color party with this. this shot captures such a classic moment with my friends.....taking pics with the digital camera and then laughing at them. yellow roses mean friendship, so today these yellow daisies stand for friendship too.

yellow makes me think of cheery things....bright, sunny times. clean crisp yellow kitchens in the '50's and '60's. taxi cabs. the golden arches. days at the beach. flowery flowers. our dining room table that we had in the 70's. the contact paper my grandmother pitts used to cover everything. movie popcorn butter. a perfect little line of mustard on your hot dog. lemons, lemon sours from hillside pharmacy, lemonade, lemon bars and lemon icebox pie. comfy t-shirt material sheets. fuzzy and cute little baby chickies. daffodils. spring time. hollandaise sauce. eggs benedict. the yummy inside of a cadbury egg. a swiss dotted dress on a sweet little girl. national geographic magazine covers. my mother's house painted yellow with white trim.

hello yellow.

3 comments:

mommy zabs said...

awe heather and angie :)

lulu said...

meridith, where have i been??????? i had no idea you were busy posting all the time now!! i love this! i will be stopping by regularly to see what new things you have been up to!

andrea said...

oh wow-- I love this, meridith. sorry it has taken me so long to tell you so. such a wondeful shot. love it.