Sunday, July 15, 2007
so i am cheating a bit and combining the last days of color week. the colors aren't quite as vibrant in photo as in person. all my pictures in this series have been from our wonderful trip down to georgia in june for our second reception at the beautiful bellevue mansion in my hometown, father's day, a day trip to cumberland island, going to savannah and YES going to paula dean's restraunt (totally worth the 2 hour wait), charleston SC, cherokee NC and gaitlingburg TN. we drove down with my wonderful mother and father in law and equally wonderful brother in law and got to spend time with my entire wonderful family including my grandmother, aunt & uncle, mother & stepfather, brothers, dad & stepmother and very dear friends. all the pics are up on my flickr page. there are so many stories behind each picture. if you are ever in gaitlinburg, take the time to go to the new ripley's aquarium...it was very impressive.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
i've been tagged for a meme by zabs
how fun! i haven't done one in awhile and i always like a good meme.
Personal Top 8 Meme.
Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names.
1. i walk to my temp job everyday from my apt downtown. it takes about 30 minutes but it's great exercise and saves money on gas and parking.
2. i love water. i love swimming. i love the beach. i love these things and i love to talk about how much i love them to the point that it's nearly driving my poor husband silly. despite this fact i have not yet been swimming in the pool at our apt complex and that fact is lamented every day when we walk past it. it's just a matter of time and the lack thereof.
3. i am addicted to craigslist. i check it obsessively all-day-long. seriously. i look for jobs, furniture, gigs and apts i don't even need. i send links to my friends whenever i find a little odd job they might be interested in. i love doing that. i love research. i love connecting people with stuff they love. could i get paid for this craigslist research job?
4. i have catered 2 small weddings and some days what i want to do is go to culinary school and have my own cooking show. other days i want to be an event planner. most days i want to be a writer and photographer. in between i just want to travel the world and get paid for it.
5. i HATE how divinity tastes but i love the southern-ness of it and the tradition of it and how it looks all lined up neatly and how the weather has to be just right or it will fail miserably.
6. almost 2 months in and i still haven't written my wedding thank you notes and i feel like a jerk.
7.i miss summer nights where you could stay up as late as you want and watch nick at nite because you don't have to go to school the next day. i miss the old nick at nite with patty duke and dobie gillis.
8. last saturday night i went to see the polyphonic spree in concert in cleveland. i haven't listened to them much but my husband is a huge fan and our friend that works at the venue got us free tickets. after waiting an hour for the show i was pretty much convinced i would never be a fan no matter how good there show was because i was so annoyed at the one hour wait between the opener and the main event. it turns out they were amazing and somehow totally made up for it with their quirky, fun, confetti-full show.
i'm tagging andrea & glam jo & joy & karen & my dad & lisa & aj & jan