Tuesday, November 07, 2006

dollhouse



there it was. perfectly preserved. a little slice of my childhood i had totally forgotten about. i was wandering through an antique mall on a sunday afternoon and came across this old barbie dollhouse tucked under a table and out of the way. i had this exact one. my grandmother bought it for me at a yard sale. i loved it then and i love it now. it came with a house full of furniture and folded up into a little cube that you could take with you. i do remember mine starting to fall apart and the plastic cracking. this one is in mint condition, just sitting there waiting to be purchased. i wonder what ever happened to my old one. it's funny how seeing a toy like this can take you back in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O wow that is wild

andrea said...

meridith! this is the coolest. and so weird that you're writing about this because I was just thinking about this very thing the other day. how old toys have the power to take you back to such precise moments/times in your life. this happens to me a lot with books. occasionally, I find a book at the thrift store that I had when I was little and it stops me, wherever I am. instantly transported. and I've been thinking about posting about it too.

Jan Halvarson said...

oh how i miss mine now that you've reminded me. it had these awesome french doors and patio. and the coolest kitchen!