here's a meme that andrea and lulu and glam jo have all done. i haven't done one in a while, so here goes:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
"the waiter carefully placed the platter in front of us, stepped back, and said: "Bon appetit!"
My Life in France by Julia Child
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first?
my black papason chair
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
a little bit of oprah whose guest today was marc jacobs
4. WITHOUT LOOKING, what time is it?
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
4:43 pm (oooops)
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
the hum of the air conditioning window unit
7. When did you last step outside?
this afternoon when i left my 'other' job to go to the BMV and then come home
8. What are you wearing?
jeans with rolled up hems and a pink blindside t-shirt
9. When did you last laugh?
yesterday afternoon after a phone call with a promoter, i just had to laugh
10. Seen anything weird lately?
i've heard alot of weird stuff. what have i seen........hmm........well i went to a funeral this week. it was weird to see us at a funeral of a friend who was only 29. it was also very sad.
11. What did you dream last night?
i usually remember my dreams, but i don't remember mine from last night. bummer.
12. What's on the walls of the room you're in?
3 ikea frames, two filled with a aqua blue and one with kelly green paper. 2 old oil paintings i found at a thrift store by an italian artist named 'rocco', i am not sure if they are worth anything, but i love them. one french ad poster that says "parapluie-revel".
14. What do you think of this survey?
15. What's the last film you saw?
'little miss sunshine'
i laughed till actual tears rolled down my checks at the ending. it was good. sad. but also good.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
first i would pay off any debts and call zab's dad to help me figure out what to invest. then i'd buy a new car. and i would help some other people out with their debts. i'd take nathan to japan for about 2 weeks. then i would take my mom on a spa vacation, take all my friends on a huge vacation, buy my dad a sailboat and take him on a trip to europe, i'd take my grandmother on an alaskan cruise with my aunt anor. then i'd......oh wait.....i got carried away there for a minute. :)
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
when i was a little girl, i wanted to be a fashion designer or an actress. i used to sit and draw beautiful ladies for hours on end.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
i'd like to teach the world to sing........in perfect harmony........i'd like to buy the world a coke.....and keep it company
19. Do you like to dance?
oh yes. yes, yes and yes.
20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Would you ever consider living abroad?
yep, i'd love to do that for a bit. i want to be like julia child and go on a honeymoon to france and learn to master the art of french cooking.